21 December 2010

Ouch.....

The snow here in my part of Liverpool has turned to ice what fun, NOT! 

First the water wouldn't go down the sink in the bathroom.  The pipe outside the bathroom was frozen solid.  I poured boiling water over the pipe and managed to unblock it but it is so cold here it probably wouldn't take long to freeze up again.  I know they say you should lag your inside pipes so I've wrapped the bathroom pipe with some foam wrapping paper, you know the sort that sometimes comes wrapped around electrical goods.  Hopefully that will help.

I tried to get out to do some shopping this afternoon.  I got about fifty feet from my front door trying to cross the road and the next thing my feet slipped from under me.  I tried to save myself but I ended up flat on my back on the road and banged the back of my head.  Luckily a taxi driver and van driver where passing and they stopped and helped me up but it did shake me up.  I had to turn back it wasn't worth trying to walk any further.  I'll see what it is like tomorrow.

No comments: