22 October 2010

Old Age

Getting old can be a bugger can't it.  My poor Mum has been in hospital since Monday with pneumonia again.  This is the 3rd time she's had it in less than a year.  I thought she wasn't too bad but I got a call at midnight monday/tuesday to say she had taken a turn for the worse so I was there all night.    The Dr wanted to speak to me when I got there today.  I could see she wasn't any better if anything worse.  The first lot of antibiotics weren't working so they've put her on a different mix.  She was very tired so wasn't breathing properly so her blood was getting full of carbon dioxide so they've moved her to Ventilation Inpatient Care and put her on the kind of mask and ventilator she was on last time.  I'm not a particularly religious person but I'm praying that it works as well as it did last time.

I wouldn't want her to be suffering or in pain and I know it is selfish of me but I don't know what I would do without my Mum, she is my best friend.  Get well soon Mum.

No comments: