15 October 2009

Talking Threads

I've just been watching the first programme in this series. I don't have sky so had to watch it online but if you do it full screen it's at a good resolution to watch. This week's programme was Jill Kennedy on silk painting. I'm looking forward to the rest in the series.

Since I've been blogging I've been staggered to realize how many people, young and old there are that are keeping alive the various arts and crafts from painting and drawing to textiles, knitting and anything in between. So isn't it about time the TV stations that everyone has access to (not pay to view ie cable and satellite) started to cater for the artists amongst us and stopped continually bombarding us with reality programmes like Big Brother and as I read recently 'repeatedly repeated repeats' you can only watch Midsommer Murders, Diagnosis Murder and Murder She Wrote so many times before you start to speak the dialogue with the characters as you watch.

What do you think - agree or disagree?????????

3 comments:

Doreen G said...

I agree Susan--we have Pay TV and these shows are repeated so many times it's not funny.

Pat said...

With you all the way Susan, some years ago when I retired I sent such a suggestion to the BBC and was told there wasn't the interest!!

Jean Lennon said...

Agree they seem to have a lot of craft type programmes in the States