29 August 2009

August Calendar Girls

Just made it before September ........... where has this year gone to?????

Val chose our inspiration for this month


it had me stumped for a while until I was uploading some OCA work to my new Wordrpress blog and it came to me.

I found a piece of silk and using gutta draw some hearts on to it then painted it with silk paints.


Once dry I ironed it to set the silk paints and rinsed the gutta out. I sandwiched a piece of wadding between the silk and lining cotton and machine stitched around the hearts.


I thought it needed a bit of something so I used my glue gun to add a bit of 'Bling' to it.


It will be in the post to Pat after the Bank Holiday.

2 comments:

Doreen G said...

I love it Susan--like you I struggled a bit this month also.

Debbi Baker said...

Looks terrific Susan! Love the beautiful bright clear colours.