20 April 2009

Calendar Girls April

It was my turn to choose the picture for this month. It took me ages at the end of last year to find a calendar that was suitable to use. All I could seem to find was dogs, cats, cars or pop stars but after going into umpteen shops in town by pure luck I got it down the road from where I live in a card shop's New Year sale.

I thought it would be easy to use this as the inspiration for this months postcard but it has been harder than I expected. This afternoon I sat down to do a small watercolour painting of part of the picture to see if it would inspire me. I'm so pleased with it that I hope Lynda who it will be going to will accept it even though it is not a postcard as such. I've not cut it to postcard size and put a mount on it so you can frame it if you want to.

7 comments:

Papoosue said...

Now THAT is a gorgeous picture, Susan - absolutely lovely!

Carol said...

It is a JOY Susan! So lovely

Doreen G said...

Susan that is amazing and I am sure that Susan won't mind.

Val said...

It certainly is a wonderful water colour Susan - no doubt about that!

Ali Honey said...

I love both pictures, especially the subtle perspective.

One or two of your faces, with long necks, in the previous post were starting to look a bit Modigliani -like - that's a compliment, as I love his work.

( PS. I wonder why your blog never updates on my bloglist. It always says your last post was a year ago? I've tried re-entering it.)

Debbi Baker said...

Wow Susan - love the painting - you are very talented in many directions!!

Penscombe said...

I think your water colour is great: i am a tree fanatic and loved it and am inspired to try watercolour myself