27 March 2009

March postcard for Debbie

This months calendar page was chosen by Carol T 'The Earth from the Air' by Yann Arthus Bertrand.

When I first saw this it reminded me of an abstract painting. So after spending most of the month pondering what to do it suddenly came to me why not do a painting.

A while ago I bought a short roll of painting canvas from a pound shop so thought I'd have a go. I cut a piece larger than the postcard size and used some masking tape to stick it to a board to keep it flat. I opened the picture in Photoshop and using a 4" x 6" crop moved it around until I found a suitable part of the original. I draw it on to the canvas and using acrylic paints I think I've managed to get the correct colours.

This is what I came up with. Hope you like it Debbie, it will be in the post on Tuesday.

3 comments:

Homeleightigger said...

Looks as though you've got your colour mixes spot on Susan - lovely card.

Carol said...

I love it Susan and I too think the colours are spot on. Well done you. Lovely work

Purple Missus said...

Its brilliant Susan. Love the variations in the colours.
The black edging also finishes it off a treat.