22 February 2009

Calendar Girls February

Sandy chose this months picture.


My version for this month isn't very experimental more safe and pretty.

My first thought was to use some smocking for the body of the unicorn but I realised I couldn't get the correct shape so I had to rethink.

I used a piece of my hand dyed cotton fabric made a sandwich with wadding and thin cotton backing then machine stitched the quilted shapes.


I sewed pearl beads on then used a hot glue gun to attach the jewels at the centre.


This will be on it's way to Sandy on Tuesday, hope you like it.

3 comments:

neki desu said...

you captured the feel of the animal very well.nice fabric!

neki desu

Sandy said...

That's an excellent interpretation. I'll love it.

Debbi Baker said...

Lovely Susan - nice and fresh. I love the simplicity (I've been working on mine and it is a bit similar actually!)