26 January 2009

Thimbles.......

I use a 'tailors thimble' when I'm hand sewing


that my Mum gave me, we worked out it must be getting on for 50 years old. I can't use any other type so I had to find this one. I dropped it last night and it rolled somewhere but finding where has taken up most of this afternoon.

I hoovered the carpet in the hope of finding it under furniture but all I found was lots of pins. I heard something go up the hose so emptied it to see if it was my thimble but no luck. I even put a piece of fabric over the end in the hope it would suck the thimble up but all it did was suck the fabric up.....

By this time I was getting desperate so there was no option but to pull furniture out. I emptied the shelf unit I have under my desk so I could pull out to look underneath ..... no luck there,


then I pulled out the 3 storage units I bought before Christmas and finally the table I have my sewing machine on. Still no sign of it and I know it had to be somewhere it couldn't have just disappeared into thin air now could it.

So as a last resort I looked again in the hoover found the piece of fabric that had been sucked up and guess what ......... I found my thimble. Hurray what a relief because I don't know where I'd be able to get a new one in Liverpool. I found some here but it would have cost £7.50 post and packing on top of £2 plus VAT the thimble cost.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Oh relief you found it, I lost the silver thimble my brother bought me for my 21st birthday somewhere in this house about 30 years ago and I am still looking!!

hippopip said...

So glad that you found it and your workroom is much much tidier then mine