18 January 2009

Calendar Girls

I've been putting the postcards I've received from my fellow Calendar Girls on a magnet board on the wall of my studio but now we're starting a new year I want somewhere to store them because there won't be room for this years selection.

I bought this photo album for 49p down the road and it's just the right size for the postcards.


I embellished a piece of scrim onto some thick fabric I bought in Abakhans. I'm not sure what it is but it does the same job as using velvet.


Next I rust dyed it but I forgot to take a photo before I coloured the piece with fabric paints.


I printed a Monogram on to a piece of T-shirt transfer paper


then stitched lines from top to bottom


and finally a machine made cord to hold it closed

3 comments:

Pat said...

Don't know how I missed your bargain and the clever thhing you did to it. I love the design of the monogram

Purple Missus said...

I like what you have created here Susan and the monogram sets it off a treat. Lovely colours too.

Homeleightigger said...

Gorgeous Susan - love the cover specially! What is the exact size of the 'envelopes' inside. I only ever see photo albums with 6 x 4 sizes - not suitable for fabric pix.