19 January 2009

Calendar Girls 2009

We are doing something different this year. Instead of using one calendar as our source of inspiration each month we will work from a calendar chosen by that months 'girl'.

This month Debbi chose this picture by Shane Pickett an Australian Aboriginal artist.


The first thing that came in to my mind was using the embellisher but as a few of the other CG's have already used it I thought I'd do something different. My first idea was to do a pastel drawing for my postcard this month. It took me about 15 minutes to do and sorry Carol T but I like it so much I'm going to frame it to put on my studio wall so I had to come up with something else.


My second idea involved using watercolour paints that luckily are in just the right colours for this months card. I started with a piece of the fabric I had left from making the cover for my CG album. I painted the fabric with the watercolour paints but they where a bit too light once dried.


After a second coat of paints it was more what I wanted.


and finally I used some small beads for the white spots you can see in the original.
It will be in the post to Carol T tomorrow hope you like it.

4 comments:

Doreen G said...

Great interpretation Susan

Carol said...

Great card, don't blame you for wanting to keep the watercolour, its lovely

Purple Missus said...

Great idea for the card Susan. I'm at a loss as to what to do - everyone has already done it :)

You did a great job with the pastels.
I don't think you should keep it though - you should send it to me *LOL*

hippopip said...

A superb card,it has great depth and the colours are spot on, i love it.