09 December 2008

December Calendar Girls Postcard

Well here we are at the last of the Calendar Girls postcards for 2008, where has the year gone to???

We had the choice of staying with the calendar or doing a Christmas themed postcard. Mine for Val is a combination.

I wanted to put some writing on the background and as I don't have any rubber stamps to use I printed 'merry christmas' on to a piece of tissue paper that I ironed on to freezer paper so it would go through the printer. I glued it to a thick calico

and once dry painted it with acrylic paint with a touch of fabric medium added to it.

I've been experimenting with Tyvek and after wasting a lot of pieces I think I've finally cracked it. I'd painted a piece with a green/yellow combination and once dry and ironed between silicone paper I thought it looked like leaves so used it for this months postcard. I painted another piece red and cut circles out before I ironed them.

I've enjoyed this years swaps and looking forward to our new challenge next year. Thanks for your friendship and roll on 2009.

5 comments:

Doreen G said...

I love it Susan great use of Tyvek.
I agree that it has been a great year.

Debbi Baker said...

Brilliant use of the tyvek Susan!! And I just love the text background.

Carol said...

Wow Susan, the tyvek flower is brilliant Val will love her card

Homeleightigger said...

Yes I dooooooo love it Susan - you creative devil you! You've even manipulated the shape of the flowers from the calendar inspiration for this month. Thankyou so much, it's lovely.

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

G'day Susan
that turned out gorgeous....love it and well done.Look forward to seeing what we all come up with in Paulette's class
hugs
Annette In Oz