25 November 2008

November Calendar Girls

This is the inspiration for this months postcard.


I received this from Sandy in the post yesterday. Aren't the bead flowers lovely.


and this is my version which will be in the post to Carol M this afternoon.


I painted a piece of calico with blue fabric paint then put a piece of scrim on top and a bit more paint. The yellow petals ( though my Mum said she thinks they look like fingers, I do hope not) are made from a machine made cord couched on to the background with orange FME for the centre of the flower. I hope Carol likes my stylised sunflower.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I love it Susan, to me the petals look very funkadelic :)
and I am always a sucker for painted scrim. gorgeaous thank you

Doreen G said...

When you enlarge the picture Susan you can see so much texture which isn't visible when it is small.
Your Mum is so funny--fingers indeed.