28 October 2008

October Calendar Girls

My postcard for this month is on it's way to Carol T in Wales.

This is the picture we worked with this month.



Firstly I painted a nappy liner with blue fabric paints and once dry ironed on to a piece of white cotton fabric. There where a few gaps so I added some scraps to them, I think it's made an interesting background to work on. I couched some Gold and Silver threads on to it.

I made the flower from a blue plastic bag by cutting it up into small pieces and putting them between a piece of silicone paper and ironing until they melted together. I cut the shapes out and zig zag stitched to the backround.

If you look closely at the picture the blue tulip I used for inspiration has some highlights on it. I couldn't work out how to do that at first - I don't think painting would have worked so I went back to my old standby FME.

4 comments:

Debbi Baker said...

Beautiful!! And very clever too. The FME is the perfect finishing touch.

Doreen G said...

I agree Susan this is a beautiful card.
Well done

Pat said...

Very clever, and a lovely flower shape.

Carol said...

Beautiful and the colours are stunning.