My postcard for this month is on it's way to Carol T in Wales.
This is the picture we worked with this month.
Firstly I painted a nappy liner with blue fabric paints and once dry ironed on to a piece of white cotton fabric. There where a few gaps so I added some scraps to them, I think it's made an interesting background to work on. I couched some Gold and Silver threads on to it.
I made the flower from a blue plastic bag by cutting it up into small pieces and putting them between a piece of silicone paper and ironing until they melted together. I cut the shapes out and zig zag stitched to the backround.
If you look closely at the picture the blue tulip I used for inspiration has some highlights on it. I couldn't work out how to do that at first - I don't think painting would have worked so I went back to my old standby FME.
Back to work - Clearing out is a treasure hunt. I've discovered some things I didn't remember I had. Among them, eight Elsie the Cow ice cream sundae dishes! I had two i...
5 hours ago