21 September 2008

September Calendar Girls


This is the inspiration for this months postcard for the Calendar Girls.

I painted a white paper napkin with silk paints and attached it to a piece of cotton fabric with Bondaweb.


I bought some white Kunin felt a while ago and I've been wanting to have use it so I painted Transfer paint in 'Wine Red' on to a piece of photocopy paper. It doesn't look very nice on the paper but it's nice shade of pink once ironed onto a piece of the felt.


I used a narrow zig zag stitch to sew it to the background and added some FME. At last I've found a use for the soldering iron I bought last year to cut around the outside of the flower to get rid of the excess felt and added french knots at the centre for the stamens.


5 comments:

Purple Missus said...

Looks great Susan. Love all the different techniques you've used. Didn't realise you could use transfer paints on Kunin felt - where have I been *LOL

Karoda said...

cute card and clever construction!

Doreen G said...

A lovely card Susan in my favourite colour combination.

Debbi Baker said...

This beautiful postcard has arrived over here Susan and it is just gorgeous! Love the way you have made the flower and I of course, also love the napkin background!

needlewings said...

Wow, that's pretty cool!