14 August 2008

August Calendar Girls postcard

This is the inspiration for this month's postcard.


I forgot to take photos of each stage so I'll just have to describe what I did.

Offhand I can't think where I heard about this site but it's what I used for the basis of this months postcard. Just remembered it was Sharon.

Anyway back to this months postcard. I liked the sentiment in the saying so put it in to Wordle and tried a few variations. I had to take a long route because you can't save it to your computer so I printed it out and then scanned it into Photoshop so I could resize. I printed the wordle on to a piece of white cotton then transfer printed the background colour over it. I FME flowers in the bottom left and right.

4 comments:

Doreen G said...

Another beautiful postcard Susan.

Homeleightigger said...

What a clever idea Susan - must check out Wordle. Lovely postcard - super colours. Val

Joanna van said...

I love this. Really beautiful. What a great way to apply text.

Garnered Stitches said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I was feeling a bit lonely as nobody was commenting. How I forgot to mention the Lambananas when blogging about the trip to Liverpool eludes me as they are really fun - the TV clips are hilarious.
I am having trouble getting Wordle to work. I've tried all the "help" sugestions but still no joy. It would be really useful for the Module 4.
best wishes