For once I've finished and got it into the post on time.
I had a rough idea of what I wanted to do but ended up doing it completely differently in the end.
I ironed 'freezer paper' on to a piece of poly cotton fabric.
Next I used some of the transfer paints I've just bought to colour the background and when I removed the freezer paper it looked like this. I quite like the effect so I think it is something I may develop further.
I was going to just FME the yellow stripes but it needed something else so I ended up FME all of the flower as well, but I think it's worked.
Embellish: Australian Outback Inspiration - My artwork Canberra: Meeting Place features as a project in issue 128 of Embellish magazine celebrating the inspiration of the Australian Outback. Learn ...
5 hours ago