24 July 2008

July Calendar Girls Postcard

For once I've finished and got it into the post on time.


I had a rough idea of what I wanted to do but ended up doing it completely differently in the end.

I ironed 'freezer paper' on to a piece of poly cotton fabric.

Next I used some of the transfer paints I've just bought to colour the background and when I removed the freezer paper it looked like this. I quite like the effect so I think it is something I may develop further.


I was going to just FME the yellow stripes but it needed something else so I ended up FME all of the flower as well, but I think it's worked.

7 comments:

Doreen G said...

I love it Susanand an interesting technique as well.

Doreen K. said...

Wow, It is beautiful. Don't have transfer paints in my stash. Have to look up info on them.

Purple Missus said...

I agree, I think its worked too.
Looks really good.
Your muse is obvioulsy back from her hols :)

Homeleightigger said...

Brilliant 'new' technique (I've not seen it before!) Susan, and the stitchery is wonderful. Val

Debbi Baker said...

I love the whole effect of this postcard - the gorgeous rich background colour, the way you have incorporated the stripes from the vase and the beautiful stitching - the postcard just glows!

Genie said...

Lovely work.

Julie said...

This is beautiful Susan (sorry I'm a bit late catching up).