02 March 2008

Monoprinting

I've spent this afternoon doing some monoprinting on paper for my C & G course. I've put the ones that look more like animal markings on my other blog if you want to have a look.

Anyway back to this blog. I used some Speedball Black Printing Ink that I got with the lino cutting set I bought while ago.

I used a cheap cutting board that I bought in the 99p store in town to paint the designs on for the C & G papers but as I had some left over ink and didn't want to waste it I spread the ink on with the side of an old credit card then used the side of a smaller piece to make marks in the ink before placing a piece of scrap paper on top and rolling with a brayer. Isn't it always the way you get something really exciting when you are about to pack up!!!!


So of course I had to try some more pieces.


I particularly like these next few.




8 comments:

Gina said...

Some fabulous prints Susan - I especially liked that last one.

Françoise said...

They look very very good!

Things Hand Made said...

I really like the last one aswell, lots of energy to it and makes you think more about a monochromatic colour scheme.

Deb said...

Susan: These are really cool. And yes, I think sometimes we get the best results when we're ready to pack up because we're not trying as hard and our minds and our hands just go with it.

Little House Art Studios said...

I love the movements in these monoprints!! Great job. ;)
susan
www.creativechick.com

Purple Missus said...

I particularly like the last ones too - especially the very last one. Did you do that with a credit card as well?

Carol said...

Fabulous monoprints Susan. I love them all.

Debbi Baker said...

These are wonderful Susan!