01 January 2008

Looking forward

As I said in a previous post I don't make New Year resolutions then you can't break them but I thought I'd make a list of what I hope to achieve this year in my Art/Textile work and then at the end of the year compare with what I have actually done....should be interesting.

Well for a start I've got my challenges -

Calendar Girls 12 postcards based on the Calendar from Doreen

Unlimited Textiles continued Quiltie swaps.

Take it Further from Sharon B - she's posted the first design challenge but I'll have to get my thinking cap on before I get started.

I would like to finish Module 2 of C & G by Easter, which may be pushing it a bit as it's early this year but I'll see how I go with it. I'd like to to do at least 2 Modules this year.

I plan on doing Monoprinting and Fertile Earth with Susan Sorrell plus Lizzy the Lizard Handbag at Joggles and any other classes that take my fancy during the year.


I had to defer from my OCA 'Drawing in Colour' course in February '07 so I'm due to resume it next month but I'm not sure if I will, I've lost the momentum so I'll have to have a think about it. I would like to have done their 'Painting 1: Starting to Paint' course but they've put the price up to £580 which is a lot of money when you only have a certain amount of spare cash and I could use that for the various art/textile supplies I need over the year.

If I don't carry on with it I would like to do more drawing and painting this year, I didn't do much last year. I suppose I can do some of the exercises if and when I feel like it......there won't be any pressure so perhaps I'll enjoy it more. I must make the effort to draw in my sketch book each day if I can as well.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I'm going to take the monoprinting class with you! I don't think I could possibly keep up with 3 classes but I look forward to seeing what you do in them.

ANDREA said...

Oh wow, I have avoided so far to make a list cause I am not good at making lists and stick with them...
But I sure wish you a very lucky new year 2008, may you accomplish everything you planned,
greetings from Paris
Andrea

AmandaWR said...

I was wondering if you picked up the oca course again. I'm about 3/4 through Drawing in Colour, it's not easy to stay motivated when you are studying at home, I'm a textile artist too so email if you want some encouragement to keep at it. Amanda