31 December 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR

As one year ends and another begins it's time to review what I've accomplished over the past year

52 stitch samples for TAST
6 challenges/chapters of The Artist Muse
5 Quiltie swaps on Unlimited Textiles plus Bookmark, Xmas Decoration swap
2 Joggles classes - Temple Dancer Doll (completed) and Doodling Designs (5 lessons completed and lesson 6 half done)
Module 1 of C & G Embroidery completed - Module 2 started
Open College of Art Textiles course completed and assessed with Grade A awarded
Padfolio for SIL birthday
ATC swaps - Make 5 Take 5

Not much to show for a years work is it really. It's not as if I don't have plenty of time to do things but I keep putting things off until later but hopefully the challenges I've signed up for this year will keep me focussed and I'll accomplish a lot more.

I've stopped making New Year Resolutions because however good my intentions are I never keep to them. But (a big BUT) this year I must try to lose some weight. I know it is bad for my health, I already have to take 3 lots of tablets for High Blood pressure and my hip aches if I stand or walk for too long so I realise the excess weight is putting a strain on my joints.

To all my blogging friends I wish you a

Happy New Year

I hope it is peaceful, prosperous and above all a very creative year for you all.

9 comments:

Pat said...

Sounds like you accomplished plenty to me! Congratulations on your Grade A.

Christine said...

Susan, do you ever sleep? LOL
It sounds like you've accomplished an awful lot to me. I hold a Black Belt in Procrastination, 1st Dan, so I spend so much time thinking, and then not actually accomplishing much at all, LOL. I hope I don't waste the whole of January thinking about Sharon's TIF challenge but not doing it, know of any cheap Time Management coaches?
Hooroo,
Christine
http://missmuffettwo.blogspot.com/

Annica said...

The list of all the things you accomplished in 2007 is very impressive. Wishing you a Happy, Healthy and Creative 2008!

Julie said...

Susan, I think you are too hard on yourself, you have achieved so much in 2007. Well done, you! Give yourself a pat on the back you're earned it. :) I hope 2008 is a happy healthy and creative year for you. xx

kay susan said...

Susan, don't knock yourself! I know exactly how much work is involved in City & Guilds...........when you've done it, it is a real accomplishment! and you've managed to find time for all those other things too........

Papoosue said...

I agree with everyone else,you have accomplished loads compared to me! Well done you and long may it continue. xx

Gina said...

That sounds like a lot of creative work for one year Susan, especially when you factor in that it is only one part of your life. So I'll add my congratulations too.
Very best wishes for another successful creative year - a happy and healthy one too.
Gina x

Purple Missus said...

Thats a very impressive list Susan, you should be patting yourself on the back about it not beating yourself up :))
Glad to see the CG Jan postcard isn't on the list - means I'm not the only one who hasn't done it yet *LOL*
Very pleased I got to know you in '07 and I do hope that '08 is everything you wish for. Take care.

Debbi Baker said...

Wow what a fabulous year Susan!! And 2008 is going to be even better!! Looking forward to getting to know you better through Calendar Girls. All the best, Debbi