03 October 2007

Unlimited Textiles September Swap

The theme for the September swap on Unlimited Textiles was Colour combinations. The quiltie was for Fiona this month. I used a design I made with the extended square technique I posted about last month.


I used the complementary colours purple and yellow, mostly because I had some fabric I'd dyed a couple of days before to use in my C & G (BTW I've posted Chapter 10 on my other Blog if you want to see what I've been up to). I was going to do cut back appliqué but the shapes where a bit small and fiddly to I ended up machine appliquéing the purple on to the yellow and then hand quilting the yellow.


This postcard is for Susan K. It wasn't until after I'd finished I reread that the postcards where supposed to be in Colour combinations as well. As you can see a bit of orange has crept in. Bet you can't guess what the background is made of..... give up.... kitchen roll. That's right, kitchen roll. I had some pieces left over from when I was doing the Traci Bautista journal, I knew they'd come in useful. I FME it to some thick fabric then added french knots. The feathers are small peacock feathers I bought for putting in my Temple dancer dolls hair (when I finally get the beading done). The colours in the feathers don't show up to well in this photo


I hope you like them ladies.

I got this lovely Postcard from Margaret S. Isn't it gorgeous, so rich with embellishments.


This quiltie is from Alis who along with Jan runs the group.


The photos don't do justice to them. I can see I'm going to have to invest in a better camera at some point.

This months theme is 'Feeling Blue' so got to get my thinking cap on for ideas for a quiltie and 2 bookmarks.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Your quiltie is gorgeous and I love your postcards. Lovely work.

Vicki W said...

Great idea for the purple/orange quiltie and I lvoe the blue postcard. The orange beads are the perfect touch. Your mailbox myst be very happy - the quiltie and card you received are cool too!

Purple Missus said...

Susan, these are absolutely fabulous.I love the quiltie and the postcard is just beautiful. Your work just gets better and better.
The swaps you received are wonderful too. This is a very talented group isn't it?