22 October 2007

Doodling Designs lesson 1

I got lesson one of Doodling Designs on Friday so spent the weekend doing some doodles. Probably like most people I doodled on the front of my exercise books at school I've but not really done much since. I started off a bit tentatively and put too much thought into it instead of letting my mind wonder and letting the stick do it's own thing with the Indian ink.


Once I stopped thinking about what I was doing and changed to using some artists pens and a brush pen I think I managed to do some better doodles!!!! but I'll still find a use for the first ones.

10 comments:

StegArt said...

Wow! Now that's what I call heavy duty doodling. Love it!

Pat said...

These are great, I love the last one. Makes me want to colour it in. This looks like a fun class.

Alis said...

Such great doodles, they are works of art in their own right I'd say.

Felicity said...

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment on my blog! Interesting to read your tags too and see you say you don't even like to write the word (I'll spare you and not write their name!)I used to feel that too until I had hypnotherapy, you just reminded me!

I think these doodles are so interesting. One would think all doodles are fairly similar but I doodle differently and I'm sure it would be fascinating to see everyone elses!

ANDREA said...

Hi Susan, great doodling! I love them all! It shure looks as if you loosen up, (although I like precision too) I know how important that is. Great doodles!
Andrea

Purple Missus said...

Those first doodles are certainly dynamic. My first thought was the 'Pow' 'Wham' 'Kerplunk' stuff of Batman comics.
The second group are lovely, you've got some good bits going on in there.

Julie said...

These doodles are great. You have a wealth of ideas there.

Gina said...

Fantastic doodles... I have the same problem with "loosening up" so might have to try this exercise. It looks as though you had fun.

Carol said...

Wow! these are fabulous Susan. It sounds like a wonderful course. I must check it out.

Dianne said...

Your doodling looks like so much fun!! I've tried doodling, and it's not as easy as it looks - yours are great - especially like the last one.