26 August 2007

Artists Muse Chapter 5

I did the challenge from the book this month. I put pieces of tissue, paper towel, scrim and a few other things on to a piece of watercolour paper as a filter then poured different colours of watercolour paint on top and left it to dry. When I took the filters off this is what I was left with. There where a few white spaces so I painted a glaze over to blend them in with the rest. I wasn't expecting this effect. I'm going to print parts of it on to some t-shirt transfer paper to use in some future work.

9 comments:

fiona d said...

This is fantastic, Susan, I love these effects and the colours you've used

Julie said...

This looks great. I shall have to give it a try myself.

Doreen G said...

Fantastic Susan you are so good with watercolours.

Françoise said...

Beautiful colours and effects!

Homeleightigger said...

It sounds so simple Susan - and what happened is magical! Val

Carol said...

The colours are fabulous Susan.

Judy Rys said...

Wow, it is gorgeous! What made the green texture around the edge?

Gina said...

What gorgeous colours and effects Susan - this will have to go on my never ending "to do" list. Love it! Can't wait to see your temple dancer too - she's looking fabulous!

Alis said...

Brilliant!
I just love the colours.