30 July 2007

Printer update

I was going to go to PC World tomorrow to buy a new printer so I unplugged the old one from my computer so I could take it with me as they will take old ones as part of 'The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive'. As I was taking the leads off it I noticed there was a piece of paper stuck at the back. So I took it out and just for curiosity I put it back on my computer to see try it and IT WORKS. I'm still going to buy a new printer though, I've got my eye on a HP D7160 but as Mum said if mine is still working hang on and see if you can get a better deal anywhere before buying. Mine is an Epson and it is inclined to get clogged with dried ink if you don't use it for a while, which from the research I've done the HP don't.

4 comments:

Alis said...

Yippee!
There may be better deals just before or just after Christmas so hang on.

Purple Missus said...

I would definitely take your Mums advice and shop around Susan. PC World are very expensive. You can get some really good deals on the net. Admittedly I was a bit dubious at first, parting with money for the unknown, but I have been shopping for major electrical items over the internet now for over two years and, touch wood, haven't been let down once.

Gina said...

Hi Susan, I've been browsing and have just discovered your site and wanted to say hi and I like your work!

StegArt said...

Be sure to research the price to replace ink cartridges. Sometimes the HP brand ones can be scary!