26 July 2007

Artists Muse Chapter 4

I finished Chapter 4 last week but kept forgetting to post about it.

This months challenge was to take up to 12 different coloured fabrics or paper and cut them into several different sized pieces then put them into a paper bag, shake them up and take 1 piece out at a time and put it on to a piece of fabric or paper. Once you'd put them down you couldn't move them.

I tried it first with tissue paper and rice paper I'd coloured


then I'd bought a spiral stamp for 20p in Rennies Art shop so I used some copper acrylic paint to stamp on top to add a bit more interest.

I decided to have a go with some nappy liners as well. I coloured them with some Procion dyes I had left over so I'm not sure if they will come off eventually. I used the same spiral stamp but this time used some 3d medium instead of paint. When I heated it I discovered the medium had taken up some of the dyes from the nappy liners by accident but it's given an added dimension to the work that I hadn't expected.



7 comments:

Papoosue said...

I really like these Susan, especially the nappy liner one - did you stick the nappy liner pieces onto paper/fabric and then do the 3D paint?

Doreen G said...

I like them both Susan but I think the nappy liner one is my favourite

Carol said...

Wow fab, love these.

Sue B said...

Nicely done Susan!

Homeleightigger said...

Your creative juices really seem to be flowing Susan - love the colours and texture.

Alis said...

These are great Susan. Love the vibrancy of the first one but the second is so lush.

Hugs, Alis

Judy Rys said...

Both are beautiful, but the texture and transparency in the second piece is extra special.