At last I've finished my 1st journal. It's taken over a week to do because I kept getting distracted by one thing or another. I'm quite pleased with it, it's not bad for a 1st attempt but I can see they could become addictive.
I used some of the fabrics I dyed a few weeks ago for the front and back covers with flower and spiral stamps on the patches. The spine is strips of the fabric with some eyelash yarn in between.
Can you guess what the inside front cover is made from. Give up .... it's the kitchen towel I used to print the coloured papers with.
and the back inside cover is from another piece of kitchen towel.
You can tell that I like bright colours can't you from the coloured papers inside. I can't stand wishy washy colours.
BTW I forgot to say this journal is a little larger than A5 in size, about 9" by 6.5".
Some ideas stew for quite a while! - (Above: Detail of *In Box CCLXXXIII*. Click on any image in this blog post to enlarge.) Many people know that my entire "In Box" series was inspired by...
3 hours ago