14 July 2007

1st Journal

At last I've finished my 1st journal. It's taken over a week to do because I kept getting distracted by one thing or another. I'm quite pleased with it, it's not bad for a 1st attempt but I can see they could become addictive.

I used some of the fabrics I dyed a few weeks ago for the front and back covers with flower and spiral stamps on the patches. The spine is strips of the fabric with some eyelash yarn in between.


Can you guess what the inside front cover is made from. Give up .... it's the kitchen towel I used to print the coloured papers with.


and the back inside cover is from another piece of kitchen towel.


You can tell that I like bright colours can't you from the coloured papers inside. I can't stand wishy washy colours.


BTW I forgot to say this journal is a little larger than A5 in size, about 9" by 6.5".

9 comments:

Mary said...

this is great the colours are fab.

Doreen G said...

Susan this is amazing I love everything about it-You have inspired me to start mine now --I have been putting it off for a while now.

Purple Missus said...

Wow Susan this is fabulous. The colours are gorgeous, really complement each other. And I like the little touches on the back (mine are always plain on the back). Beware though journal making is like rust dyeing - very addictive! Are you going to actually use yours for anything or will they just sit on the shelf like mine?

Sue B said...

Wow Susan it's wonderful! Awesome combination of colors. Nicely done!

Alis said...

Love it. The colours are just fab!

Vicki W said...

Susan, it turned out great! I love all of the brilliant colors.

StegArt said...

Oh my gosh, I love this one too. These are sweeping around blogland and I'm loving all of them. I'm going to have to think about making one.

Homeleightigger said...

This is just lovely Susan, and such gorgeous colours. I love the spine too. Val

Dy said...

Wow, your journal is fabulous! Love the fantastic range of colour throughout and the spine is glorious.