03 June 2007

TAST catchup

I've got behind with my TAST samples so I made an effort this past week to catch up. I've gone back to my original way of using white or cream threads on a white or cream background. Some of the stitches are new to me so I thought I would use this challenge to make a reference library of all the stitches we do. I'll find some way of putting them all together, perhaps like a book.

I finally managed to work out how to do the OYSTER stitch after a lot of unpicking.


I combined the Woven Wheel Stitch and Basque Stitch in to one sample. I enjoyed doing the 'wheels' so I can see myself using that again in the future.


Butterfly Chain Stitch is very easy to do. I used 2 thickness's of thread in white and cream which I think gave it a more textural feel.


I used the Crossed Buttonhole Stitch to couch a thick thread on to the fabric and then stitched in white a pattern around it.

When I have time I'll go back over some of the stitches I'd like to experiment more with.

6 comments:

Doreen G said...

Yeeeh Way to go Susan it looks good.
Sometimes the simplest is the best.

Papoosue said...

There is just something so wonderful about white and cream - simple colours and complicated stitchery - these samples look fantastic.

Alis said...

You have been busy!
Great stitches and the cream on cream is so beautiful.

Dianne said...

I love cream on cream - these look really great!! I am soooo far behind it's not funny....

Carol said...

I love these samples, I am so behind with mine, you make me want to jump in and start again

Elizabeth said...

Very nice work with the TSTC stitches! Just like others above I love the white/cream; for me it makes the textures come alive.