10 June 2007

Needlecase

It's been far too hot here in Liverpool to do much this afternoon but I managed to finish a needlecase. I've needed one for a while so I adapted Sue B's padfolio.

Here's my version. I made it half the size of the original. I coloured some garden fleece and ironed it on to cotton then did a fancy stitch from my sewing machine in between some machine made cord.


I put 2 pockets on the left side to put scissor and needles in and a piece of felt attached at the top in the middle section.

It measure 4.5 inches by 3 inches when closed up.

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

What a great project! I may have to do some of these for Chirstmas gifts this year.

Sue B said...

Gorgeous! Love the color and the stitching is awesome. Nicely done!

kay susan said...

Very nice. Last week, after I finished my mini padfolios, I prepared a stack of fabrics to make exactly this for WI raffle prizes. Great minds think alike!

Doreen G said...

Well done Susan these will make great gifts.

Dianne said...

This is great!! Love the idea of making it into a a little swing caddy!!

StegArt said...

It's wonderful....love the color and the textures created by the stitching. And the idea of a needlecase tops it all off.

Papoosue said...

That is a lovely little project you've done there Susan! Nice colours too.

Carol said...

You have made a beautiful job ot it. I love your personal touch it makes it more personal. Great colour and texture.