02 May 2007

TAST Palestrina Stitch

I finally got the hang of this stitch. I thought it was very easy to do but then found I'd been passing the needle through the loop I'd just made and not where it should have been under the bar to make a buttonhole stitch, doh!!! I know a blind man on a galloping horse wouldn't have known it was wrong but I knew so of course I had to unpick it all and start again.


I've just realised I didn't photograph my sample before did the next stage, but I did photograph it when I did it wrong so I'll have to post that to show what it looked like roughly before I went any further. Hope that make sense.

I painted it with gesso then a coat of Quink ink.


Then sprayed bleach on. I've just had a thought will the bleach keep on working and eventually rot the piece???


Then I used a stiff paint brush to rub Autumn Gold Rub n' Buff on.


I bought some emulsion paint on Tuesday to use instead of Gesso it's a lot cheaper, 2.5 litres for £6.99. should last me ages. I've had a quick go with a piece of hessian and the ink goes of pale shade of denim. I'll have to try it on different fabrics to see if the ink goes any other colour.

2 comments:

Doreen G said...

I like what you have done here Susan--I am going to have a go at this soon.

Margaret S said...

what a great effect this gives, must try it