14 May 2007

Tagged

I've been tagged by Doreen 7 random things about me and Sue 7 weird things about me.

I had to have a think over the past few days so here goes in no particular order.

1. I would dearly love to have been a Mum but I've never had the opportunity so it was not meant to be, I have to love my 2 nephews instead, which of course I do, it goes without saying. I can remember when Caleb who is now 8 was about 2 or 3 and was standing in front of me so trusting as he let me feed him a packet of snacks, I thought to myself if anyone every touched a hair on his head I wouldn't be responsible for my actions.

2. I've worn glasses since I was 12. I started to need them when I was 11 but it wasn't picked up at school. I kept saying "please Miss I can't see the blackboard" - so she moved me to another seat further back, but of course I still couldn't see properly because I meant it was fuzzy. My Mum realised I needed glasses. In those days we went to the bag wash (launderette) and she pointed out a notice on the wall and I couldn't read it properly so she took me straigth to the Opticians. My eyesight is so bad without glasses I wouldn't recognise someone I knew until they where practically in my face.

3. I can touch the end of my nose with my tongue. It drove my brother mad when where children because he couldn't and he'd pull at the end of his tongue trying to get it to meet his nose be it never would.

4. I stick my tongue out when I'm concentrating, I don't always realise I'm doing it. It seems my Mum's Father did the same thing. When I was little Nan said to Mum "just look at her who does it remind you of". My Granddad died long before I was born so I could never have seen him doing it.

5. I like NUTS!!! They must be in my Gene make-up because when Mum was expecting me she ate salted peanuts every day. I always joke that it's a wonder I didn't come out peanut shaped.

6. I like Rhubarb and custard, but I can't stand eating it together. I must take after Mum, when she was little her Mum had to put her jelly and custard in separate bowls because she wouldn't eat them together.

7. I can't swim or ride a bike. At junior school we where taken to the local swimming baths and I thought you just got in a began to swim straight away, but of course I just went under. It must have been 2 or 3 times and I've been scared ever since, which is a shame because it is the one sport I would like to have been able to do.

8. I failed my O'level in Art, my best subject BUT passed CSE French which was my worst. I can't explain it the examiners must have had an off day when they marked my exams.

9. Another food one. My weakness is Chocolate, but isn't it every woman's. I like the dark bitter kind but the weird thing is I cannot stand Drinking chocolate or Cocoa I'd rather have hot milk.

10. I like Haggis.

11. I would rather sit and stare at the wall or watch paint dry than watch Big Brother or any reality TV show.

12. My dream is to own a house with a garden so I can grow my own fruit and veg. I am so sick of buying stuff from the greengrocers and there being absolutely no taste.

13. Just thought of this my favourite flowers are Roses and Freesia.

I'm suppose to Tag some other bloggers but I think most that I read already have been, so instead, if you read this and you haven't consider yourself tagged.

1 comment:

Ali Honey said...

Hi Susan,
Thanks for your comments. Glad you eat Kiwifruit.

I was luckier than you; my teacher discovered I needed glasses at about age 7. I could read my book when standing beside her but struggled with blackboard writing.

I agree with you on #9 but only really dark chocolate( I don't crave it like some folk do).
#10. I too like haggis.
#11 same.
#13. I love those flowers but so many others as well....that's a hard one to answer.