03 May 2007

More Books

Thanks Doreen for all the comments you left today. I was beginning to wonder if many people looked at my blog.

You asked what books I've ordered, well I'm still waiting for:-

Surface for Stitch: A Guide to Creating Surface by Gwen Hedley
Edges and Finishes in Machine Embroidery by Valerie Campbell-Harding from my first order.

And yesterday I ordered:-
The Artist's Muse: Unlock the Door to Your Creativity by Betsy Dillard Stroud
African Inspirations in Embroidery by Mary Sleigh
Fusing Fabric: Creative Cutting - Raising the Surface with Machine Embroidery by Maggie Grey Stitch Magic: Ideas and Interpretation by Jan Beaney and Jean Littlejohn
Bonding and Mark-making with the Soldering Iron by Margaret Beal because I've just sent for a soldering iron that was on offer through Stitch magazine £14.99 instead of £24.99 too good a bargain to miss out on but I don't know how to use one so thought I'd better get a book.

So you can see why I had to go out today and buy a new bookcase. I think I've got going on for 300 books on different subjects. The internet is a great source for research but there is nothing quite like thumbing through a book.

The list of books that came with my C & G course work lists

Designing Worksheets by Jan Messant and
Designing with Pattern by Jan Messant

has anyone bought and used these books and is it worth me getting copies.




6 comments:

Carol said...

A fabulous list of books Susan,I bet you can't wait for the post.
Jan Messants workbooks are useful when you first start C&G, I got mine from the library, saves buying them until you know if they are something you would go back to over the years

Sapphire Dakini said...

I'm also working on the C&G's embroidery course. Love all of the books by Maggie Grey, Jan Beaney, & Jean Littlejohn. Have you checked out Workshop on the Web http://www.workshopontheweb.com/ yet? My copy of The Artists Muse just arrived from Barnes & Noble yesterday. Can't wait to get a few minutes to sit down with it.

Doreen G said...

Good grief Susan when are you going to find the time to read all of them-also e-mail me your postal address and I will send you some nappy liners I have a box full and will never use them all.

katelnorth said...

Just to say, I look at your blog. I don't always comment (usually because I'm trying to catch up with all the blogs I like to read) but I know it's nice to know people read your blog. So, anyway. Hi!

English Rose said...

just found your blog hon, so having a catch up. the Jan Messent books I found very useful, and still dip into them now and again, especially when I need a bit of a creative kick. she has some wonderfully simple ideas to get you going.

Anna Nowicki said...

Hi nice to find your blog. Good Luck! I used to have the two jan messent books but sold them on. THey are good basic books for C&G Students. Anna