22 May 2007

Lilies

As I mentioned yesterday my Mum won a copy of the DVD of the series Lilies. Alis left a comment and asked if there was going to be a new series. If you've not heard there has been a lot of press about the BBC not commissioning another series because it didn't get enough viewers and according to them it didn't attract the right demographic audience, in other words anyone under 25 and the attention span of a flea. If you go to the Lilies website you can read the hundreds of comments left by disgruntled viewers which prove that it appealed to everyone from 8 to 80+, male and female alike. I've just googled to see if there is any more news and found Digital Spy
that has a good forum discussing Lilies.

3 comments:

Alis said...

Oh thanks for that. Goodness me drama's used to take 2/3 series to get established now it has to be 2/3 episodes.
Will check out the Lillies website.
Hugs, Alis

Papoosue said...

Hi Susan. Well done to your mum for her win! I watched Lilies as well, although I didn't see it from the beginning, I thought it was fantastic! I think the trouble is that they don't advertise these things enough so how are people supposed to know they are on? That was my experience anyway. It would be good if they brought it back. By the way, thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog the other day - I could maybe rent out Nana!

Purple Missus said...

I don't watch much TV but I loved that series. I wanted the priest to give up his calling and come out in the open with his feelings for Iris.
(I watched Life on Mars, I've got a bit of a thing for John Simm!)