13 May 2007

DADDY

Today is the 38th Anniversary of when my Dad died. He was in hospital and we where expecting him to come home but he suffered a massive heart attack, he'd had a strained heart for years. I suppose if it had been nowadays he would have had a heart transplant. I can still remember getting up for school and my poor Mum having to tell us that our dear Dad had died and gone to heaven. Sorry, just had to stop for a minute to wipe some tears away. Suffice to say even after all these years not a day goes by when I don't think of him and miss him. I thought I'd share this with you, sorry I don't know who it's by so can't give them credit. I was given it by someone in a computer class I took a few years ago.

DADDY

4 Years
'My Daddy can do anything'

7 Years
'My Daddy can do a lot - a whole lot'

8 years
'My Daddy doesn't quite know everything

12 Years
'Naturally Father doesn't know that either'

14 Years
'Father? Hopelessly old-fashioned

21 Years
'Oh, that man is out of date. What do you expect'

25 Years
'He knows a little bit about it, but not much'

30 Years
'Must find out what Dad thinks about it'

35 Years
'A little patience, let's get Dad's opinion first'

50 Years
'What would have Dad thought about that?'

60 Years
'My Dad knew literally everything'

65 Years
'Wish I could talk it over with Dad once more'

2 comments:

annetteb said...

I think is absolutley gorgeous, what a tribute. I miss my Dad so much too. Annette

Margaret S said...

Brought back all my 'Dad' memories as well, the ages are so true, how many times during the last eleven years have I said that! Quite poignant at the moment as his first grandchild (my eldest daughter) gets married in a fortnight.