25 May 2007

C & G Chapter 3

Anyway I got to spend the afternoon finishing off Chapter 3. I have thoroughly enjoyed doing this chapter. I've been amazed at all the shapes I've been able to come up with from just a few basic star shapes.




I particularly like the colours I used in Design Sheet C. I've been watching coverage of the Chelsea Flowere show on BBC Tv and it seems purple and yellow are the "in" colours for flowers this summer, so I've been in fashion and I didn't even know it I just liked the colours I chose from the colour wheel.

7 comments:

Alis said...

Great shapes and I agree I love the colours in that last one. Lovely.

Dying to Quilt said...

Hi Susan, I just found your comment on my blog from last week. I've been enjoying your blog. Your mandala is beautiful. I have thought of making small lap sized mandalas for meditating with, have you heard of doing that? I also want to try dying a mandala someday. So many things to try!!

My book will be on amazon.com in the US soon, I'm not sure about UK. Would you like for me to send you one? I am giving them away right now to get reviews written, for amazon and for the website I am developing. Please email me your address at vivrider1@yahoo.com and I will send you one.

Ali Honey said...

Hi and Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I will have to catch up with your more whn I get home again. Scrolling down the colours of your mandala attracted my attention - yummy!
Best Wishes from Alison in New Zealand.

sMC said...

Lovely blog, and I really admire the mandala. aubirdwoman

sMC said...

btw is blue your favourtie colour :) aubirdwoman

Purple Missus said...

These are good Susan. You certainly have an eye for putting colours together. Any particular books you can recommend for this?

Dianne said...

They look great all put together like this - would make great quilts!! Love the colour of the bottom one...