12 April 2007

Hospital

Mum had to go to the hospital today to see the consultant and get the results of her CT scan. He said it showed she'd had a mild stroke. At least now we know what was wrong with her. They did the memory test again today and she passed it. Last time they did it she had a very low score and was confused and fumbling with her words. I hope that now her blood pressure is under better control she won't suffer anything like this again but God forbid if she did I wouldn't take her to the Dr's like I did originally I would send for an ambulance and get her to hospital. With hindsight I now realise that's what I should have done when she was first taken ill, but at the time it wasn't obvious that she'd suffered a stroke. She just looked ill and was confused and her GP said she had an chest infection and was dehydrated so she didn't recognise it as a stroke. She doesn't have to go back to the hospital just to see her GP regularly and keep taking the aspirin he prescribed.

1 comment:

Purple Missus said...

How awful for you Susan. Hope Mum is better now. Destroys your faith in the Doctor a bit doesn't it? Same type of thing has happened twice in our family now.