29 April 2007

City & Guilds Chapter 2 Cut paper shapes

I spent yesterday and this afternoon cutting and sticking 'Star and Cross' paper shapes on to paper for the last bit of Chapter 2 of my City and Guilds. I'm really pleased with how they've turned out because I didn't think it would work with the papers I'd coloured.

I got a bit carried away and did 2 A3 sheets of shapes.

This 1st one is purple/lavender on yellow:


and the 2nd is yellow on purple/lavender:


You wouldn't think they would look so different considering they are both done with the same colours.

5 comments:

kay susan said...

That's an interesting experiment with a very clear result! Very nice colour theory demonstration.

Purple Missus said...

Amazing isn't it? With the first one the shapes jump off the page and with the second they recede into the background. This colour theory stuff is fascinating when you get down to it.

Angel Jem said...

Wow! The same colours and two such different results. I think they worked very well, you must be pleased.
Thanks for popping by my blog on Speke Hall... do, please, think of any more places you'd like to go & drop me aline! It's nice to meet another scouser (even if only on the ether!)

Sarah said...

Fab Colours!!!!! Yet another Scouse blogger! - I'll have to add you to the list - great blog by the way!

Doreen G said...

Great experiment the same but so different.