26 March 2007

T.A.S.T Couching

Hurray at last I've managed to be more experimental with some stitching.

I used some thick wool I got cheap in Abakhan and used thin cotton to couch it to a piece of cream cotton. The pattern is from a drawing I did for OCA Textiles. I used the same drawing to do some twin needle pin tucks.


Close up of couching.


Next I stuck down 2 layers of tissue paper with PVA glue.


Then I painted it with a layer of Burnt Umber acrylic paint, wouldn't you know it I forgot to photograph that stage doh!! Then I lightly painted some Copper acrylic paint over that, and this is was it turned out like.

1 comment:

Peticelul Romanesc said...

I tried something like this with polish cream and aluminiumfolie, but I did not like the result, and since then I am thinking of another method. Thank you for the tutorial, now I know! Corina