20 February 2007

T.A.S.T. Feather Stitch

Here is my go at Feather Stitch. I wasn't too keen on it to start, I kept forgetting to put the thread under the needle when I did the left hand stitch but once I got into a rthymn it wasn't too bad.It reminds a bit of pictures I've seen of underwater scenes with I think it's seaweed hanging down.


It was only when Purple Missus left a comment about the background that I realised I hadn't said what I'd used for this piece. I wanted to do a sample with colour this week as most have been in cream. It's a piece of linen I coloured with Javana Silk Paints and a variagated thread to sew with. I really need to learn how to use Procion dyes to colour my fabrics and threads.

1 comment:

Purple Missus said...

Love the background colours. Did you dye this yourself?