02 January 2007

City & Guilds

I’m coming to the end of my OCA Textiles 1 course just finishing my last project. I’ve read quite a few blogs of people who have done C & G and they’ve wetted my appetite so I’m considering going on to do C & G embroidery but there are no classes available locally so I’ve been looking in to correspondence courses. I’ve found a few on the web so far, Distant Stich with Sian Martin, Opus, School of Stitched Textiles and W S Touchbase but I’m not sure who to go with.

4 comments:

Purple Missus said...

Hi Susan.
I'd certainly recommend Sian at Distant Stitch.
I did send you an email over the holiday, obviously it never reached you - again!!
Will try to send again.
Happy new year to you.
Lynda

English Rose said...

Hi Susan,
I've just found your blog via Lyndas, and would definitely second her recommendation of Sian at Distant Stitch.
Best wishes,
Sara Price

Liz said...

Did you know there is a Yahoo group called City & Guilds Textiles - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/City_and_Guilds_Textiles/ - you could ask on there, but I've heard good things about Sian too.

Sarah E. in Texas said...

Hey, Susan, here's the link to the Yahoo! group for C&G... I'm going to do the classes by 'net and found these guys, and some are planning, like us, and some have done a bit already, from different teaching sources. Keep me posted! City_and_Guilds_Textiles-subscribe@yahoogroups.com