01 September 2006

Textiles

Here's some of my first attempts at weaving for the course.
















I didn't have a proper tapestry frame so I used this canvas stretcher, but it seemed to work.















I must have done the tension too tight as I warped up because it got harder and harder to take the weft through, hope I've got the terms the right way round.
















Close up of weaving.

I didn't have the correct yarn for the warp so I had to use some crochet cotton I'd got cheap in Abakhan but it seemed to work. I'm waiting for some to come from Texere yarns so I'll be able to do it properly then. I sent last Friday but with the bank holiday it may take a bit longer to come.

No comments: