05 September 2006

OCA Textiles

I've remembered the photo's I wanted to post last time, so here goes ....














This is my first attempt at silk painting for the chapter on Printing and Painting. I didn't enjoy it as much as some of the other things so I don't think I'll include this project when I send my work to be assessed. It's something I'll experiment with further when I have the time.


















This is my second attempt. I used gutta to mark circles on the silk, but I mustn't have done it properly. I mustn't have put enough gutta on because the paint ran in to it and didn't leave a white line around the bubbles as I wanted but still it's a nice effect.














This is the large sample of printing I had to do. I made a block from 'funky foam' stuck it on to some polystyrene and printed it on to blue cotton with blue fabric paint.
















T
his is from the Project on Manipulating fabrics. I'd randomly painted silk for the previous project but hadn't used it. I treated myself to a copy of 'Textile Art' so used the silk when I wanted to try 'bubbling'. I think it's very effective ...















More manipulating fabrics, furrowing from 'The Art of Manipulating Fabric' by Colette Wolff. I used some crystal organza I got from Abakhan's, it only cost 99p a metre. Depending in what light you look at it, it appears more blue than green.


















Silk paper samples, throwsters waste and Angelina bonded on to muslin.














Confetti - snippets of coloured crystal organza bonded to cotton with white organza free machine embroidered on top.

No comments: