12 September 2006

More Weaving

 Managed to finish my first weaving sample on Saturday.




































T
his is my second sample. I bought a telephone extension lead for £1 in Poundland and used it for the warp and the weft is plastic string also bought for £1, it has turned out better than I thought. It started to get rather hard on the fingers but I perservered. The light glows through it when held up so I think it could be used as part of a piece of art in the garden.



















Close up of plastic weaving.

1 comment:

AmandaWR said...

hello susan, I'm a drawing student with OCA so found your blog through their site. Just wanted to say thanks for sharing, your textile work shows a very pleasing sense of colour. I look forward to viewing more of your work in the future.